great train robbery
February 9, 2009
So we’re back from another jolly jaunt across the channel and again we’ve had such an amazing time!
Massive massive thanks to everyone who came to the shows and also to all the fantastic people we met who made our weekend so much fun.
Here are my favourite parts:
- Obligatory sight seeing
- Mike’s spaghetti bolomayonnaise
- Playing with This Is Pop
- Doing a show in Bozan’s dad’s workplace surrounded by ladders and stacked chairs
- Being thrown over the drumkit
- Straight vodka
- Aurelie’s neighbours
- Talking about the glory days of French football
- Mike and Al ‘bonding’ under a zebra print duvet
- Sweet meal at the fleche d’or
- First show in Paris
- Finding the noise on the metro absolutely hilarious
- The 45 minute walk to Sabine’s flat for a party
- Hanging out at Joris’ apartment
- Mike forcefully befriending Matthew from Reuters
We certainly didn’t make any friends on the Eurostar on the way home as a couple of us, mentioning no names (Mike and Andy), hadn’t had any sleep and decided to drink a bottle of Jack Daniels before and during the train journey.
A combination of very choice language mixed with a very loud volume meant the calling of the train manager and threats of being thrown off the train at Calais.
Luckily we all made it back to England in one piece and hopefully we’ll be allowed back sometime soon!
Thanks again to all that came.